What is it?
It is not easy to find time/motivation to watch good GDC Vault videos. The Toolsmiths community decided to form a sort of “book club” for GDC Vault Talks called “Vault Club”.
How does it work?
We pick a Vault talk, watch it on our own time, then pick a time/date to discuss it in the #Vault_Club channel.
List of Suggested GDC Vault Talks
- Keeping Level Designers in the Zone Through Level Editor Design
- Developing Imperfect Software: How to Prepare for Development Pipeline Failure
- GDC 2019 Tech Toolbox
- Tools Tutorial Day: The Science of Customer-Focused Tools Development
- Tools Tutorial Day: Tooling for Small Team Workflows
- Technical Tools for Authoring Branching Dialogue
- Technical Artist Bootcamp: Cementing Your Duct Tape: Turning Hacks into Tools
Discussed GDC Talks
- GDC 2019 Pipeline Support for Feature Branches in ‘Destiny’
- GDC 2019 Bungie’s Force Multipliers: Production Engineers
- GDC 2019 The Future of Scene Description on ‘God of War’
- GDC 2019 Tools for ‘Marvel’s Spider-Man’: Editing with Immutable Data
- GDC 2019 Level Up Your Jenkins Reporting
- GDC 2019 Procedurally Crafting Manhattan for ‘Marvel’s Spider-Man’
Current GDC talk (Classic edition)
- Name: GDC 2010 The Asset pipeline for Just Cause 2: Lessons learned
- Deadline (view the talk by) : September 3rd